So I think it would be cool to have a lot of money. Anyone with me? Sometimes I like to go to South Coast Plaza and just go into the really expensive stores like Chanel, Prada, Jimmy Choo and etc. and just let my imagination run wild. I'm not going to buy a $1200 pair of shoes but I can at least dream about it:)
In order to have the experience be fun and not embarrassing, you have to look and act the part. That means you have to look rich and act like your loaded. How do you do that? Well here are a few tips:
1) DO NOT gasp at the prices. Act like you see them everyday. If you start to feel nausiated just take a couple of zeros off and pretend what your looking at is that price;)
2) Look sophisticated like someone who prefers quality over quantity. I like to do this by wearing classic pieces like button down shirts, pencil skirts, blazers, pumps etc. You want too look like you made it in this world and not like a joke.
3) Act like you belong there. Pretend your walking into a store that your more comfortable in and try to maintain that same presence. Remember that you are entitled, you belong there, and you deserve the best.
4) One piece of good news if that you don't need the labels to show because it can look like your trying to hard. Just focus on the details like having your nails, hair and makeup done. This video's kind of interesting on how to act rich.
5) What this really is about is social status. Designer goods signify we have high social status. So if you don't think of yourself as someone who is upper class, your going to feel intimidated walking into those stores. Use your acting skills: For the next hour be upper class and superior-have fun with it!
Do you ever walk into designer stores even when you can't really buy anything? What was your experience like?
Tip of the day: Black and white is great when you want to look sophisticated. The stereotype with black and white is the New York businesswoman: and people who do business in New York (think Wall Street) have money:) Also you can use black and white to accentuate and downplay different features. White makes things appear bigger and black makes them appear smaller. If you are pear shaped, for example, wear black on the bottom and white on the top. If you're chesty, simply switch this around:)
White button down shirt: H&M, Black (faux which is animal friendly to admit:) leather skirt: Mossimo (Target) (Plato's closet), Black mesh heels: International Concepts (Macy's), White bandeau: local boutique, Black and white floral statement necklace: Nordstrom Rack, Black mini purse: Dooney and Bourke (TJ Maxx)<3